Thursday, May 11, 2023, 5:00-7:30 pm McKale Center
Congratulations, graduating seniors! You and your guests are invited to the University of Arizona College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Spring Convocation. This ceremony is an opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments with your classmates, family, and friends and includes a procession where you will be individually recognized.
- This event is free and guest tickets are not required. Doors open at 4 pm. Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The event is expected to last approximately 2.5 hours. Graduates and guests should remain for the duration of the ceremony.
- We ask all graduates to come carrying their regalia. You will be screened through security.
- Student check-in is from 4:00-4:45 pm on the east side of the McKale Center. Students arriving after 4:45 pm risk not being able to participate.
- 5:00 pm the ceremony begins.
- Students should stay for the duration of the ceremony to support their fellow graduates. Leaving early also disrupts the ceremony.
- Students in need of special assistance should contact Isabel Contreras at email@example.com.
Cap and gown
Caps, gowns, tassels, and stoles are available from the UA BookStores.
- Professional photography will be available to purchase through GradImages, (800) 261-2576.
Code of Conduct
Students who refuse to follow instructions from SBS staff or event security may be asked to leave the ceremony. Any infractions of student code of conduct will be reported to the Dean of Students.
Clear bag policy
No outside containers, large bags, backpacks, or parcels are allowed inside the McKale Center. All in-hand items must be placed in appropriate and approved clear bag.
- See the UA Clear Bag Policy.
Location and parking
The McKale Center is located on the UA campus at 1 National Championship Drive. Allow for extra travel time due to heavy traffic.
- Masks are recommended but not required at this venue. All guests will be required to follow campus health and safety protocols in place at the time of this event as well as adhere to any existing state and local guidelines. For updates and information, please visit https://covid19.arizona.edu/updates.
- Free parking will be available. Visit UA Parking & Transportation for information on parking garages and surface lots.
- Accessible parking is available in the Cherry Avenue Garage next to the McKale Center. Take the second-floor walkway between the garage and McKale. Volunteers will direct guests to accessible seating options once inside.
- A drop off area is also located in the parking lot east of McKale.
- Do you have guests that can’t make it to the ceremony? A livestream of the SBS Convocation will be available at sbs.arizona.edu/live.